How to use the ticketing system:
To get support, log into your SortMyBooks account, click on the support bubble and start typing your query. The answer to your query may come up as you are typing. If it doesn’t, you can then click on the button to log a support ticket. Please be as specific as possible to ensure a timely and complete answer to your query which you will receive by email, providing you with a record of your request so that you may refer back to it later.
We’ve always got great feedback on the quality of our support, we are committed to continuing to provide the same great service and we are always looking for ways to improve it.
Why we use a support ticket system:
1. It’s very easily trackable. We use help desk software. So if you click on the support bubble on the top right hand side on any screen in SortMyBooks it opens up a window for you to send us a question. The system will automatically recommend articles based on the key words in your question. This is very handy if you are logging a ticket out of hours. Instead of waiting for us to come back in you may get the answer you are looking for straight away.
2. Because your ticket is tracked in our system it means that items can’t fall so easily through the net. If you email one of us individually or telephone us that can easily get forgotten. Our support desk system keeps reminding us if we’ve open tickets to make sure you get the help you need.
3. If you have an issue or a procedure that regularly comes up it is very easy to go back to an email and refresh your memory on the steps even when our office is closed. You can’t replay a phone call in the same way.
4. We get great ideas from your support tickets on ways to improve SortMyBooks. It is much simpler to analyse written tickets to make sure we capture all the feature requests. We can also more easily see where parts of the application need to be designed better if most people stumble in the same place. Please keep your feedback coming, we really appreciate it.
5. We have regular team meetings where we look through the quality of the responses and see how we can improve both the application and our training materials.
6. If we were to offer you telephone support we would have to charge more for our subscription. We wanted a fairer system where we can keep the monthly subscription price low and make the support searchable.