This article is a round-up of the best articles and videos to show you how to set up your SortMyBooks correctly from the start.
1. Have you set up your trial yet? Go to www.sortmybooks.com and click on Free Trial.
2. Once you've completed that step move on to setting up your company https://sortmybooks.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/235882668-Detailed-Lesson-on-Company-Settings
3. Set up bank accounts next https://sortmybooks.zendesk.com/entries/58434786-Detailed-lesson-on-setting-up-bank-accounts
4. Setting up the Chart of Accounts, this is the categories that you want to see for your Sales, Cost of Sales and Overheads https://sortmybooks.zendesk.com/entries/20937361-How-to-add-new-Nominals-change-the-Chart-of-Accounts
5. Setting up products and services, these can be used to create default settings for customers and suppliers also. https://sortmybooks.zendesk.com/entries/21835976-Lesson-on-How-to-set-up-default-products-and-services-
6. How to enter in your Opening Balances, this includes things like Customers that still owed you money when you started using SortMyBooks, Suppliers that you owed money to, your Bank and Credit Card balances etc. Setting up Opening Balances https://sortmybooks.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/235882548-How-to-enter-opening-balances-when-starting-SortMyBooks-Online