This article is a round-up of the best articles and videos to show you how to set up your SortMyBooks correctly from the start.
1. Have you set up your trial yet? Click here to see how.
2. Once you've completed that step move on to setting up your company.
3. Set up bank accounts next.
4. Connect your bank account to SortMyBooks using our secure Plaid connection.
4. Setting up the Chart of Accounts, this is the categories that you want to see for your Sales, Cost of Sales and Overheads.
5. Setting up products and services, these can be used to create default settings for customers and suppliers also.
6. How to enter in your Opening Balances, this includes things like Customers that still owed you money when you started using SortMyBooks, Suppliers that you owed money to, your Bank and Credit Card balances etc. Setting up Opening Balances.
7. Set up receipt capture software so that you don't have to type in any of your purchase invoices yourself