If you do not have an AutoEntry account, set one up and get free credits here:
How to use Autoentry to convert paper or PDF bank statements to SortMyBooks upload files
Watch our video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N8jhqMS4so or read instructions below:
1. Scan the paper statements and upload to AutoEntry. If you already have PDF statements, upload them to AutoEntry. Note: they will rarely accept photos, they need the scan to be very good quality. I use an app on my phone called camscanner. It does a great job of scanning documents and you can email them to yourself as a PDF.
2. Go to Autoentry, click on Bank Statements and click on Upload. Click on the Dropdown on Project and choose Add Project and give it a name eg. Current Account July 2021 (I always use this step because otherwise they seem to append the new transactions to a previous statement).
3. Browse to the location of the file you want to convert and upload it. Once it goes green it's uploaded correctly and you can close out of Autoentry and wait for them to convert it. They're usually quick enough maybe an hour or so. Log back in to Autoentry periodically to check it's there.
4. When you are downloading the file from AutoEntry it's critical that you select format type SortMyBooks
5. When you upload to SortMyBooks, click on Accounts and Statement, choose your Account from the list.
6. Click the dropdown on Format and choose STMT Auto Entry
See screenshots below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.