If you have set up a company and you want to copy over some or all of the settings to a new company eg. Nominals, Products and Services, Jobs, Bank Accounts, Customers and Suppliers then see below.
Also, if you are wanting to archive an old file and set up a new file to start your business accounts fresh fir whatever reason, for example:
- “I thought I was doing fine but my accountant said my books were a mess”
- “We got an intern but didn’t have time to supervise…”
- “I lost my bookkeeper during the year and I took it over myself but…”
- “I was doing it myself and getting along fine but then I got busy and let it go a bit…”
You are not alone in this, do not worry!
How to use our cloning function:
- Log into your old file, then click Change Company and New Company at the top. Create your new company with your new start date.
- Then go to Home, Settings, Cloning, and select your old file.
- Tick which entities you would like to carry across from the list: Nominals, Suppliers, Customers, Accounts, Jobs, Products or Services, while leaving all transnational items behind.
Things to note:
With a new file, you will need to reset opening balances.
Click here for how to do this:
You will still have access to your old file to see prior data.
Finally, if you need some help with this, we always recommend you have a look at the bookkeepers from the Professional Bookkeepers Academy.